Superior Walls of America, Ltd. was founded in 1981 by Lancaster County home builder Mel Zimmerman after years of research and development on a precast foundation system. The system was designed to eliminate age-old problems of home building while providing a quick and easy way to build better and dry basements.
Corporate Headquarters: New Holland, PA
Founder and CEO: Mel Zimmerman
Coverage: 25 States and 3 Canadian Provinces
Web Site: www.superiorwalls.com
- In 1986, Superior Walls established its first licensed operation. Superior Walls has since grown into a multi-site manufacturing operation by licensees throughout the United States and Canada.
- Continued growth and demand led Superior Walls to establish a new corporate headquarters in the rolling hills of New Holland, Pennsylvania in 2000.
- Superior Walls was featured in the March 2001 issue of Popular Science magazine for having received the National Association of Home Builders "Innovative Housing Technology Award."
- Also during 2001 and 2002, Superior Walls was the foundation of choice for the New American Home at the International Builders' Show.
- In early 2003, Superior Walls introduced the new Xi wall to eager builders and homeowners. With added insulation and strength, the improved wall became the benchmark for residential precast foundations.
- In 2007, Superior Walls was selected as the foundation provider of choice for the Renewed American Home.
- In 2008, Superior Walls Xi wall panels were used as the foundation for the This Old House Weston Project.
- In 2009, Superior Walls became the seventy-first product and one of the first 25 manufacturers to have products approved to earn points toward the NAHB Research Center National Green Building Certification.
- After years of supplying Superior Walls foundations, Superior Walls signed on as a supporter of ABC-TV's popular show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition in 2010. The company supplied and installed custom-made energy-efficient basement and crawl space foundations for a variety of homes featured on the home improvement show.
- In 2011, Superior Walls renewed their relationship with ABC-TV's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
- Also in 2011, Superior Walls introduced the Ui Wall - an uninsulated, four-foot high precast concrete foundation designed primarily for use in garages.
- Building on the success of the popular Xi walls, in 2012, Superior Walls introduced the Xi Plus wall system. Based on the proven design of the Xi wall system, the enhanced Xi Plus walls are available with a built-in insulation value of R-21.3 and a four-inch insulated footer beam.
- In 2014, Superior Walls opened 2 new licensee manufacturing plants in Canada.
- Now with more homeowners creating basements with enjoyable extra living space, Superior Walls continue to be in high demand while revolutionizing the foundation building industry