Superior Walls of America, Ltd. was founded in 1981 by Lancaster County home builder Mel Zimmerman after years of research and development on a precast foundation system. The system was designed to eliminate age-old problems of home building while providing a quick and easy way to build better and dry basements.
Corporate Headquarters: New Holland, PA
Founder and CEO: Mel Zimmerman
U.S. Coverage: 25 States
Web Site: www.superiorwalls.com
- In 1986, Superior Walls established its first licensed operation, and has since grown into a multi-million dollar, multi-site manufacturing operation throughout the
- As satisfied builders and homeowners spread the word, Superior Walls worked hard to become the industry leader in precast residential foundations.
- Continued growth and demand led Superior Walls to establish a new corporate headquarters in the rolling hills of New Holland, Pennsylvania in 2000.
- While more and more people caught on to The Superior Advantage, Superior Walls began to emerge in the media as the future of foundation building.
- Superior Walls was featured in the March 2001 issue of Popular Science magazine for having received the National Association of Home Builders "Innovative Housing Technology Award."
- Also during 2001 and 2002, Superior Walls was the foundation of choice for the New American Home at the International Builders' Show. Superior Walls was also recently selected as the foundation of choice for the 2007 Renewed American Home.
- In early 2003, Superior Walls introduced the new Xi wall to eager builders and homeowners alike. With added insulation and strength, the improved wall represents the foundation of the future for the building industry.
- In 2008, Superior Walls Xi wall panels were used as the foundation for the This Old House Weston Project.
- In 2009, Superior Walls became the seventy-first product and one of the first 25 manufacturers to have products approved to earn points toward the NAHB Research Center National Green Building Certification.
- After years of supplying Superior Walls foundations, Superior Walls signed on as a supporter of ABC-TV's popular show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition in 2010. The company will supply and install custom-made energy-efficient basement and crawl space foundations for a variety of homes featured on the home improvement show.
- In 2011, Superior Walls renewed their relationship with ABC-TV's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
- Now with more homeowners creating basements with enjoyable extra living space, Superior Walls continue to be in high demand while revolutionizing the foundation building industry