Decisions, Decisions. Xi Vs. Xi Plus Panels
Whether you’re a homeowner or builder, when it comes time to deciding on a Superior Walls foundation for a home, you have some decisions to make.
Both the Xi and Xi Plus precast wall panels are energy efficient. They both are custom constructed to meet your exact needs. And, they both install on the job site in just a day (or less!) by a certified crew.
So, how do you decide which wall system to use? Here’s the breakdown that will help you make your decision.
Superior Walls Xi wall panels feature steel reinforced concrete and 2-1/2-inches of DOW Styrofoam insulation to create a barrier against sidewall water penetration. The panels are constructed in a factory-controlled setting. Unique features of the Xi wall panels include:
- 5,000+ PSI concrete
- Steel-reinforced top bond beams, concrete studs and footer beams
- Horizontal steel rebar inside top and bottom beams
- Vertical steel rebar inside each stud
- Insulated access holes for ease in wiring and plumbing
- Galvanized steel stud facing ready for drywall finishing
- Insulated corners, studs and bond beamsSuperior Walls Xi Plus wall panels have many of the same features of the Xi walls, plus:
- Dow® THERMAX™ polyisocyanurate insulation covering rigid foam insulation
- A four-inch insulated footer beam
- A four-inch standard floor slab may be poured equal to the height of the footer beam eliminating the need for an additional screed board.
Xi Plus panels are available with a built-in insulation value of R-21.3 in U.S. markets and can be insulated up to R-42+. The wall panels provide R-values that meet or exceed energy conservation values from both the IECC and the IRC, and the Xi Plus wall panels can help in the construction of an ENERGY STAR® qualified home.
Xi and Xi Plus panels are available in different marketplaces. For additional information and to find the Superior Walls location closest to you, visit www.superiorwalls.com.