Superior Walls® Increases Published Load Capacity
NEW HOLLAND, PA. – Superior Walls of America, an international licensor of precast concrete wall systems, has announced an increased published uniform load capacity. The higher capacity makes Superior Walls systems ideal for light commercial applications along with residential use.
In consideration of new and previous independent testing, Superior Walls has increased the published uniform load capacity for its Xi™ and Xi™ Plus wall systems from 5,500 pounds per linear foot (PLF) to 7,500 PLF.
“While the 5,500 PLF capacity designation was more than adequate for residential projects, with a proven 7,500 PLF capacity, our Superior Walls precast concrete foundation wall panels can also handle almost any uniform load you could encounter for light commercial projects,” says Jim Costello, president of Superior Walls. “From banks to restaurants to churches, our wall systems are the fast, efficient and energy-efficient way to start construction of light commercial structures.”
As opposed to concrete blocks or wood framing, precast concrete panels from Superior Walls are manufactured with rigid foam insulation. The time-saving systems can be installed in a single day by certified crews.
“In construction, the wall system selection is critical,” says Costello. “Choosing an energy-efficient precast Xi or Xi Plus concrete wall system can help ward off heat loss and make the structure more comfortable.”
Superior Walls Xi wall panels feature steel reinforced concrete and 2-1/2-inches of DOW® Styrofoam™ insulation to create a barrier against sidewall water penetration. The panels are custom designed and constructed in a factory-controlled setting. Unique features of the Xi wall panels include:
- 5,000+ PSI concrete
- Steel-reinforced top bond beams, concrete studs and footer beams
- Horizontal steel rebar inside top and bottom beams
- Vertical steel rebar inside each stud
- Access holes for ease in wiring and plumbing
- Galvanized steel stud facing ready for drywall finishing
- Insulated corners, studs and bond beams
Superior Walls Xi Plus wall panels have many of the same features of the Xi walls, plus:
- Dow® THERMAX™ reinforced polyisocyanurate insulation covering rigid foam insulation
- A four-inch insulated footer beam
- A four-inch standard floor slab may be poured equal to the height of the footer beam eliminating the need for an additional screed board.
Xi Plus panels are available with a built-in insulation value of R-21.3 and can be insulated up to R-42+. The wall panels provide R-values that meet energy conservation code requirements for basements, and can help in the construction of an ENERGY STAR® qualified structure.
For more information visit www.superiorwalls.com.